Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bones - watching it again. Might give Thomas Harris another go.

A post about a telly programme? I'm not really a blogger, but even so I never expected to be doing that. Anyway, it looks like we might start watching "Bones" again. We happened to catch a couple of episodes of season 4 recently which looked pretty good, but first a bit of background. At the end series 3, I was just about ready to get a ticket to the US and go over to personally throttle the writers responsible for such a pathetic wrap-up to the season - So many months on strike and this is the best they could come up with? What were they doing during that time?Sunning themselves on the beach? Smoking crack? Nothing worthwhile anyway, I'd be pretty sure of that.

To be honest, my feelings at that point were that they should have stayed on strike and perhaps the studios might have got people in off the street to write the scripts, because they would have done a hell of a job in comparison. That last episode should be buried somewhere and forgotten about, and the writers struck off the writer's guild, which mustn't have particularly high standards.

Anyway, I just happened to read one of the comments on IMDB about the end of season 3 which expressed much of what I felt and brought Thomas Harris's "Hannibal" into the review, summing up pretty much how I felt about that particular piece of rubbish, and it got me thinking that perhaps I misjudged the previous books in that series (which I hadn't read), so perhaps I should try reading them and forget about that book.

I've never bothered sitting down to watch "Silence of The Lambs", because any time I've caught a bit of it on the telly it's been laughably overdramatic and I simply can't take Anthony Hopkins seriously as Lector, having seen "Manhunter" a long time before (of course, the sketches from the "Fist of Fun" radio show and "This Morning With Richard Not Judy" probably don't help). I did think the film, "Red Dragon" was pretty good though (not as good as "Manhunter" of course), despite Hopkin's prescence and this is actually what nudged me into getting "Hannibal", much to my regret.

I guess I should be able to pick up those books secondhand cheaply enough and it might be worthing giving them a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment